Friday 5 March 2010

"Watched tv, laid awake all night" (Barenaked Ladies; Song: What a Good Boy; Album: Gordon)

YouTube is one web 2.0 tool that I use alot. My brother is constantly sending me links to funny clips etc. I also use it for viewing trailers for films I might be interested in, and looking for videos from music concerts I've been to, among many other things. There is so much on there and I can happily spend an hour looking for videos that I might be interested in.

At the moment I am taking a night school course in pottery, so I searched YouTube for some demonstrations of people throwing pots on a wheel; they make it look so easy!

I hadn't used the Channels section before and I'll definitely use it again for searching for topics of interest. I had a look at the kind of videos that had been loaded against Oxford University, there were 100's of videos on there ranging from films of matriculation at the Sheldonian, interviews with students to videos of formal dinners at colleges. Alot of these would really be of interest if you were thinking of applying for the University and wanted to see more about what student life would be like. The demonstrations of e-resources were also useful and could easily be built in with links from library webpages to assist students with using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment