Wednesday 24 March 2010

"Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere I choose" (The Who; Song: Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere; Album: Only released as a single)

I had no prior experience of Google Documents, so it was nice to find that it was really intuitive and easy to use. I quickly created a new document and sent it to 3 other 23 Things participants at SSL. I then went on to create a form (a really useful Google Documents feature) asking if the people I wanted to share it with could answer 2 riddles (listed at the end of this blog post in case you are interested). I liked how the answers they entered would automatically be entered into a spreadsheet for me to consult, with no work having to be done by me.

I really liked this web 2.0 tool and can see the benefits of being able to access it from any computer that has an internet connection, using as a secure file store, and possibly saving you money when buying a new laptop if you don't want to buy all the usual software you require from Microsoft. It was also a convenient way of sharing documents with people that you could all edit easily. Definitely a web 2.0 tool I would use again.

Riddle Questions:

I throw away the outside and cook the inside, I then eat the outside and throw away the inside, what did I eat?

What can fill a room but takes up no space?

[Answers at the end of my next Blog post.]

P.S. Failed miserably to think of lyrics to a song I liked that would be connected to Google Documents so had to go for a reference to nearing the end of 23 Things. Europe I hasten to add are not one of my favourite bands but the song is fun and I can remember dancing a school discos to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment