Saturday 20 March 2010

"She can sing like a bird in a cage" (Arcade Fire; Song: (Antichrist Television Blues); Album: Neon Bible)

Just spent a large chunk of Saturday afternoon getting to grips with Twitter (I can't seem to find time to get on with 23 Things tasks in work time). Twitter is a Web 2.0 tool I was aware of but didn't really know what is was all about and how to use it. So now I understand that it is essentially a brief form of a Blog post from which people get let you know what they are up to or share information that other followers may find useful. When sending a Tweet having a countdown of the letters you are typing in certainly makes you keep things short and to the point (perhaps I need this on my Blog to stop me rambling!)

I began by searching for fellow 23 Thinger from SSL so that I could follow some people I knew, and then branched out by following a few famous people and also Radio 2. Adding Tweets was very simple (once I had decided what to put!) and I soon worked out how to ReTweet and Tweet replies to people (I'm waiting for someone to Tweet me back so I can see what that looks like on my Twitter page).

I contributed to #ox23; it was quite interesting to see that some people had been Tweeting from the Staff Conference.

Not fully sure what to make about Twitter yet, I think I need to play around with it a bit more and start contacting more people to get conversations going, and then I can judge how much I might use it in the future. It has been interesting though to find out more about it, understand the Twitter jargon and feel confident about using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment