Thursday 4 March 2010

"I was looking for a job and then I found a job" (The Smiths; Song: Heaven knows I'm miserable now; Album: Hatful of Hollow"

I had never previously heard of LinkedIn, although it says it has massive membership. I can see why it would be good for social networking in a professional capacity. You have the opportunity to make new contacts in your career area (first viewing their profile to find out more about them), but also reconnect with past colleagues from previous work places. It also looked very useful if you were searching for a new job, as well as being able to search for opportunities, you could also be head hunted. I suppose the more you put into it the more you would get out of it, so it would help to write a good profile of yourself, so you almost have an on-line CV.

I'm not sure how much I would personally use it in the future, but I can appreciate that it does have its uses.

1 comment:

  1. "... and heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

    Another classic tune - and so apt!

    ReplyDelete