Friday 5 February 2010

"I've got a feeder for you to perch on" (Eels; Album: Daisies of the Galaxy ; Song: I like birds)

I found that I already had a Google Reader account from a previous training session, so that was one less thing to do. However, I hadn't looked at it since the course so I was only currently subscribed to one feed.

I found this task quite straight forward, it was more of a case of thinking of things I wanted to subscribe to. I settled on feeds from the National Gallery, Oxford Playhouse, 2 from Carluccios (one of my favourite restaurants) which has separate feeds for events connected to the restaurant and one for Antonio Carluccio's blog, and finally a feed from one of my favourite bands 'They might be Giants'. It seemed to vary to how prominent the RSS feed logo was on each of the webpages, some needed a bit of finding.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of information I'm getting each day in my Google Reader though, learning more about managing my account and subscribing to more feeds. I may even wonder how I managed without it before!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,

    Your blog looks really good. I love the quotes theme, makes it so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your song titles! Can you work Kylie in there somewhere? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to wonder how I existed before google reader!

    Loving the song title/quote theme you've got going on too.

    ReplyDelete