Tuesday 2 February 2010

"An end has a start" (Editors; Album: An end has a Start; Song: An end has a start)



I had actually created an iGoogle page in the past after attending a WISER session which introduced you to a few Web 2.0 tools, which included start pages. I thought they were a really good idea so I followed up on it after the course and created my own. However, as I had done this over a year ago it was time for an update, so I've added some new gadgets (I'm now the proud owner of a pet hamster!) and changed the 'Theme.' There are so many gadgets you can add that you could get a little carried away, so I've tried to limit it to things that are useful (bookmarks, to do list etc) and a few things that are decorative but interesting (places to see etc).

After creating my own page I felt it would be really useful if we had an iGoogle page for our staff issue desk pcs. I created this along with a colleague and we have used gadgets such as a Note Book to create an FAQ section for helping staff deal with issue desk queries, a To Do list for vacation tasks, Bookmarks for frequently used websites, and a few fun extras as well. I've also included an image of this page as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - creating an iGoogle page for library staff. Do let us know how you get on with that!

    ReplyDelete