Wednesday 17 February 2010

"And I lost my page. Again" (The Strokes; Song: Trying your luck ; Album: Is this it)

Thanks to having already set up the Yahoo account for Flickr the first step of signing up was made easy. Downloading the 'Bookmarklet" was also a good move as it made the process of adding any bookmarks I wanted quick and simple. Delicious seemed very intuitive to use. Tagging was especially very straight forward with all the relevant tags already appearing at the bottom of the screen and then just selecting what you wanted to add to your bookmark.

I'm not yet convinced of how useful I will find Delicious; it didn't immediately grab me in the way that some of the other web 2.0 tools we have tried have. As far as accessing my bookmarks go I have them neatly grouped under different headings in my favourites on my home laptop and at work I tend to use my favourites or my most frequently used ones are on my iGoogle start page. I don't tend to need my work ones at home or vice versa, or just tend to search for the relevant website I want via a search engine if I can't remember it off the top of my head.

I did like the 'Explore Tags' feature though, where you could look for other topics that were of interest to you, and so potentially discover other websites you didn't know existed or articles on topics of interest, so I'll have a play around on this a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment