Friday 12 February 2010

"Flick-A Flick-A Flick-A ... Here you are!" (The Cure; Song: The Caterpillar; Album: The Top)

I love Flickr and I can see already that it is yet another Web 2.0 tool that i've never used but will continue to use in the future. The closest I've come to uploading photos and editing them is using Photo Box; which I currently use to order prints of my photos. I found it really easy to use, once I'd set up my yahoo and Flickr account (this seemed to take a while for me as every yahoo e-mail address and Flickr screen name I choose was already taken!).

Uploading the photos was a really simple process and so quick to do (on Photo Box it seems to take forever). The sets option is a really useful feature for organising your photos in a coherent way. Being able to tag and add descriptions is also useful and the geotagging feature is brilliant, I also liked viewing my photos via the slide show option.

As I wanted to create a set on a theme, the first photos I added to my Photostream are photos of sculptures I have taken in various places. It was nice to have them all together in one set and really interesting to look in one set as they had been housed in all different folders on my computer according to the trip they were taken on. I'm going to continue create sets on other themes of interest to me.

At the moment I'm being a bit cautious and apart from the photos I took of SSL to upload to the 23 Things Group I've made them all private; which I would always tend to do for holiday/family photos and just share them with friends and family. I'll probably change this in the future as I add more things and finish adding more sets and playing around with them.

1 comment: